Acts generally internationally referred to as terrorism
- 1856, 1858, 1859, raids by John Brown in his fight against slavery.
- 1865 - 1882 Jesse James and his gang attack "Northern" railroads and banks in personal continuation of the American Civil War
- 1946 Bombing of King David Hotel, the British HQ, by the Jewish underground.
- 1948 Deir Yassin massacre
- 1953 Qibya massacre
- 1963 A member of the Ku Klux Klan opposed to civil rights in Birmingham, Alabama bombed the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church. Four girls were killed.
- 1969 A bomb in a Bank killed 16 people in Milan
- 1970 October Crisis (Quebec): FLQ murder of Pierre Laporte, kidnapping of James Cross
- 1972 Munich Olympic Massacre
- 1972 Bloody Friday nine are killed and many injured as Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA) set of 22 bombs.
- 1974 Guildford pub bombing by the IRA leaves 5 dead and 44 injured.
- 1974 Birmingham pub bombing[?] by the IRA kills 19 dead, 182 people are injured.
- 1974 Maalot Massacre[?] at the Maalot High School in Northern Israel
- 1976 Hijacking of Tel-Aviv-Paris Flight 139 and the following Operation Entebbe
- 1976 UVF detonate a car bomb in Monaghan[?]
- 1976 UVF detonate a car bomb in Dublin
- 1976 Orlando Letelier assassinated in Washington by Chilean government
- 1978 - 1995 The Unabomber, Theodore Kaczynski kills three and injures 29 in a string of anti-technology bombings
- 1978 Palestinian terrorists on the Tel Aviv Haifa highway[?] kill 34 Israelis.
- 1979 Lord Mountbatten and three others are killed by IRA
- 1980 Archbishop Oscar Romero assassinated by Death squads in El Salvador
- 1980 Four US nuns killed by Death squads in El Salvador
- 1980 A bomb in a railway station killed more than 80 people in Bologna
- 1982 Two bombs in Hyde Park and Regent's Park, London by the IRA killl 8 members of the Household Cavalry[?] and the Royal Green Jackets[?] seven horses are also killed.
- 1983 Harrods[?] bomb by the IRA. Five are killed and 80 wounded during Christmas shopping at the West London department store.
- 1984 IRA bomb in the Grand Hotel Brighton 5 are killed in an attempt to kill members of the British cabinet.
- 1985 TWA 847 hijacking[?]
- 1985 - Palestinian guerrillas kill twenty people inside Rome and Vienna airports.
- 1985 Achille Lauro cruise ship hijacking by Palestinian Liberation Front[?]
- 1986 New Year's Eve fire at the Dupont Plaza Hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico, claimed 97 lives, mainly in the casino area. Fire set by 3 hotel workers, trying to make tourists stay away from Puerto Rico as a protest to their working wages.
- 1987 Enniskillen massacre. Remembrance Day parade in Enniskillen, County Fermanagh is bombed by the IRA and 11 are killed and 63 injured
- 1988 1988 Pan Am 103 (Lockerbie)
- 1988 A cult, Aum Shinrikyo attacked a subway in Tokyo using Sarin.
- 1989 Ten Royal Marines bandsmen are killed and 22 injured when base in Deal, Kent[?] is bombed by the IRA.
- 1992 Eight Protestant builders killed by an IRA bomb on their way to work at an Army base near Omagh.
- 1993 World Trade Center bombing
- 1993 IRA bomb in Warrington kills two children.
- 1993 IRA detonate a huge truck bomb in the City of London at Bishopsgate[?], killing two and causing approximately £350m of damage.
- 1993 A bomb at a fish and chip shop on the Protestant Shankill Road, Belfast kills 10 people, including two children.
- 1994 Flight AF 8969 Alger-Paris hijacked[?] by Muslims who planned to crash the plane on Paris but didn't succeed.
- 1995 1995 Tokyo Sarin Attack
- 1995 Oklahoma City bombing
- 1996 A series of four suicide bombings in Israel leave 67 dead and 161 wounded within 10 days.
- 1996 Centennial Olympic Park bombing, killing one and wounding 111.
- 1996 IRA break their cease-fire and kill two in a bomb at the Canary Wharf towers in London.
- 1996 Manchester bombing by IRA
- 1997 Khobar Towers bombing[?]
- 1998 U.S. embassy bombings
- 1998 Omagh bombing by the so-called "Real IRA" kills 29.
- 1999 Gunmen opened fire on Shiite Muslims worshipping in an Islamabad mosque killing 16 people injuring 25.
- 2000-2002 Israel is subjected to a campaign of attacks on civilians that leave 400 dead.
- 2001 September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attack kills thousands in New York, and hundreds in Washington, D.C. and Pennsylvania
- 2002 June 14 terrorist attack outside US Consulate in Karachi
- 2002 Limburg tanker bombing in Yemen
- 2002 Bali car bombing of holidaymakers
- 2002 Zamboanga bombings in the Philippines
- 2002 Moscow theatre siege
- 2002 Kenyan hotel bombing
- 2003 double suicide bombing in Tel Aviv[?], 22 dead, about 100 wounded
- May 12, 2003 - Suicide bombings of a United States expat housing compound in Saudi Arabia killed 29 and injured 160 in 4 attacks. Al-Queda blamed.
- May 16, 2003 - Suicide bombing in Casablanca, Morocco leaves 31 dead. The attack involved 12 bombers and 5 targets. The targets were "Western and Jewish". Attack attributed to al-Assirat al-Moustaquim[?], a Moroccon group but "al-Queda influence not ruled out."
See also: aircraft hijacking, Palestinian terrorism, Israeli terrorism, IRA, suicide bombing, assassinations, Dupont Plaza Hotel.
All Wikipedia text
is available under the
terms of the GNU Free Documentation License