In general stewardship
is responsibility for taking good care of resources entrusted to one.
Stewardship in industry
- For example, product stewardship.
Stewardship of the environment
- For example, protecting the environment through recycling, conservation, and the like.
Stewardship in organizations
- In an organizational context, stewardship refers to management's responsibility to properly utilize and develop the talents of the members.
For more in depth detail, see, in Organizational development, the pages on
- talent identification and management
- succession planning
- employee development
- performance improvement
Stewardship in Islam
Stewardship in Christianity
- In a Christian context, stewardship refers to the responsibility that Christians have for the gifts that God has bestowed. In some settings, stewardship is operationalized as time, talent and treasure.
All Wikipedia text
is available under the
terms of the GNU Free Documentation License