) (born August 26
) was from 1990-1994 the highest-paid child actor
ever, partly due to the high financial demands of his father acting as his manager.
He claims that his father was drinking too much and abusive. He stopped making movies at 14 when his parents separated and his father could no longer control his career, and later had a come-back. As of 2000 he has had no contact with his father in four years, except for a recent telegram in which his father congratulates him with the resumption of his acting.
He married Broadway actress Rachel Miner[?] in 1998, when both were 17; they split up in 2000.
He is a close friend of Michael Jackson and godfather of his first son and his daughter. They can be seen in a home video compilation Jackson released: they are shown playing, and going on holidays together, Culkin being 10 and 11 years of age. Quote from Culkin, aged 20: "We talk all the time. I think we understand each other in a way that most people can't understand either of us."
- Rocket Gibraltar (1988)
- See You in the Morning (1989)
- Uncle Buck (1989)
- Jacob's Ladder (1990)
- Home Alone (1990), directed by Chris Columbus[?] (who also directed Harry Potter films); it was written by John Hughes, who suggested Macaulay Culkin for the main character. - A child is left at home over a winter vacation, and is forced to defend the family home from thieves (Joe Pesci[?], Daniel Stern).
- Only the Lonely (1991)
- Black or White (1991) (Michael Jackson music video)
- My Girl (1991)
- Wish Kid (1991) (TV animated series)
- Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992), the main character (he did not play in Home Alone 3 as he was too old by then).
- The Good Son (1993) (also starring Elijah Wood)
- The Nutcracker (1993)
- Getting Even with Dad (1994)
- The Pagemaster (1994)
- Richie Rich (1994)
- Party Monster (2003)
All Wikipedia text
is available under the
terms of the GNU Free Documentation License