Encyclopedia > Vela

  Article Content


Vela (the sails) is a southern constellation, one of the three parts into which Argo Navis was split.

It contains the stars Delta Velorum and Kappa Velorum which together with Iota Carinae and Epsilon Carinae form the asterism known as the "false cross", which is sometimes mistaken for the Southern Cross.

All Wikipedia text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License

  Search Encyclopedia

Search over one million articles, find something about almost anything!
  Featured Article
90-90 Rule

... first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time." The rule ...