Encyclopedia > St. George's Chapel

  Article Content

St. George's Chapel

St George's Chapel is located in Windsor Castle (England). Construction was begun in in 1475 during the reign of Edward IV and completed in 1528 during the reign of Henry VIII.

It is currently used as the place of worship for the British royal family.

It is the chapel of the Order of the Garter: a special service is held in June of each year attended by the Queen and the members of the Order.



All Wikipedia text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License

 
  Search Encyclopedia

Search over one million articles, find something about almost anything!
 
 
  
  Featured Article
French resistance

... through the occupation. Group also had espionage and escape network and produced false ID papers for resistance members. In the end it had close contacts with the ...

 
 
 
This page was created in 22.5 ms