Any tributes to the individuals lost in this tragedy are welcome and encouraged at our memorial site.
265 people killed on four planes; 232 passengers, 25 flight
attendants, 8 pilots. (Note that this total includes the 19 hijackers, who reportedly boarded the planes as passengers.)
- American Airlines flight 11 BOS-LAX (north tower of World Trade Center): 93 people: 82 passengers (including 5 hijackers), 9 flight attendants, 2 pilots
- John Ogonowski, 52, Dracut, Massachusets, captain
- Tom McGuinness, 42, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, first officer
- Barbara Arestegui[?], 38, Marstons Mills, Mass., flight attendant
- Jeffrey Collman[?], 41, Novato, Calif., flight attendant
- Sara Elizabeth Low, 28, Batesville, Ark., flight attendant
- Karen Martin, 40, Danvers, Mass., flight attendant
- Kathleen Nicosia[?], flight attendant
- Betty Ong[?], 45, Andover, Mass., flight attendant
- Jean Roger, 24, Longmeadow, Mass., flight attendant
- Dianne Snyder[?], 42, Westport, Mass., flight attendant
- Madeline Sweeney, 35, Acton, Mass., flight attendant
- Anna Williams Allison, 48, Stoneham, Massachusetts, founder A2 Software Solutions
- Abdulaziz Alomari, suspected hijacker
- Wail M. Alshehri[?], suspected hijacker
- Waleed M. Alshehri[?], suspected hijacker
- Satam M. A. Al Suqami[?], suspected hijacker
- David Angell, 54, Pasadena, Calif., creator and executive producer of 'Frasier'
- Lynn Angell, Pasadena, Calif.
- Seima Aoyama
- Myra Aronson 52, Charlestown, Mass., press and analyst relations manager
- Mohammad Atta, suspected hijacker
- Christine Barbuto[?], 32, Brookline, Mass., TJX Co.[?]
- Berry Berenson, 53, Los Angeles, actress and photographer
- Carolyn Beug, 48, Santa Monica, California
- Kelly Booms[?], 24, Boston, Mass., PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Carol Bouchard[?], 43, Warwick, R.I., Kent County Hospital emergency room secretary
- Neilie Casey, 32, Wellesley, Mass., TJX Co.[?]
- Jeffrey Coombs, 42, Abington, Massachusetts, security analyst for Compaq
- Tara Creamer, 30, Worcester, Mass.
- Thelma Cuccinello[?], 71, Wilmot, New Hampshire
- Patrick Currivan
- Brian Dale[?], 43, Warren, N.J.
- David DiMeglio[?], Wakefield, Mass.
- Donald Ditullio[?], 49, Peabody, Mass., Smith and Nephew
- Albert Dominguez[?], 65, Sydney, Australia
- Alexander Filipov, 70, Concord, Massachusetts, electrical engineer
- Carol Flyzik, 40, Plaistow, N.H., medical computer equipment demonstrator for Meditech
- Paul Friedman[?]
- Karleton D.B. Fyfe[?], 31, Brookline, Mass., John Hancock
- Peter Gay[?], 54, Tewksbury, Mass., vice president and general manager, Raytheon Co. plant
- Linda George[?], 27, Westboro, Mass., TJX Co.[?]
- Edmund Glazer, 41, Chatsworth, Calif., CFO of MRV Technologies, Inc.
- Lisa Fenn Gordenstein[?], 41, Needham, Mass., TJX Co.
- Andrew Curry Green[?], 34, Los Angeles, Calif., director of business development, eLogic
- Paige Farley Hackel[?], 46, Newton, Massachusetts, spiritual counselor
- Peter Hashem[?], 40, Tewksbury, Mass., senior engineering manager, Teradyne Inc.
- Robert Hayes[?], 37, Amesbury, Mass., sales engineer, Netstal
- Ted Hennessey[?], 35, Belmont, Mass., consultant
- John Hofer[?]
- Cora Holland[?], 52, Sudbury, Mass., Sudbury Food Pantry at Our Lady of Fatima Church
- Nicholas Humber[?], 60, Newton, Mass., owner of Brae Burn Management
- John Jenkins[?] 45, Cambridge, Mass., corporate office services manager, Charles River Associates
- Charles Jones, 48, Bedford, Mass., computer programmer
- Robin Kaplan[?], 33, Westboro, Mass., TJX Co.[?]
- Barbara Keating, 72, Palm Springs, Calif.
- David Kovalcin[?], 42, Hudson, N.H., Raytheon Co.
- Judy Larocque[?], 50, Framingham, Mass., founder and CEO of research firm Market Perspectives
- N. Janis Lasden[?], 46, Peabody, Mass., General Electric
- Daniel John Lee, 34, Los Angeles
- Daniel C. Lewin, 31, co-founder and CTO of Akamai Technologies[?]
- Susan MacKay[?], 44, Westford, Mass., TJX Co.[?]
- Chris Mello, 25, Boston, analyst
- Jeff Mladenik[?], 43, Hinsdale, Ill., interim CEO at eLogic
- Antonio Montoya[?], 46, East Boston, Mass., housekeeping worker, Boston Harbor Hotel
- Carlos Montoya
- Laura Lee Morabito[?], 34, Framingham, Mass., national sales manager for Qantas Airways
- Mildred Naiman[?], Andover, Mass.
- Laurie Neira[?]
- Renee Newell[?], 37, Cranston, R.I., America Airlines customer service agent
- Jacqueline Norton[?], 60, Lubec, Maine, retiree
- Robert Norton[?], 82, Lubec, Maine, retiree
- Jane Orth[?], 49, Haverhill, Mass., retired from Lucent Technology[?]
- Thomas Pecorelli, 31, Los Angeles, cameraman for Fox Sports[?] and E! Entertainment Television[?]
- Sonia Morales Puopolo, 58, Dover, Massachusetts, former ballet dancer
- David Retik[?], Needham, Massachusetts
- Philip Rosenzweig[?] 47, Acton, Mass., Sun Microsystems executive
- Richard Ross[?], 58, Newton, Massachusetts, the Ross Group[?]
- Jessica Sachs[?], 22, Billerica, Mass., accountant with PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Rahma Salie, 28, Boston
- Heather Smith[?], 30, Boston, Beacon Capital Partners
- Douglas Stone, 54, Dover, New Hampshire, co-owner of Odyssey Press
- Xavier Suarez[?]
- Michael Theodoridis, 32, Boston, consultant
- James Trentini[?], 65, Everett, Mass., retired teacher and assistant principal
- Mary Trentini[?], 67, Everett, Mass., retired secretary
- Lana Tu[?], 18, Los Angeles, Calif., student
- Pendyala "Vamsi" Vamsikrishna, 30, Los Angeles, Calif., project manager for consulting firm, DTI
- Mary Alice Wahlstrom, 75, Kaysville, Utah
- Kenneth Waldie[?], 46, Methuen, Mass., Raytheon Co.[?]
- John J. Wenckus, 46, Torrance, Calif., tax consultant
- Candace Lee Williams, 20, Danbury, Conn., student
- Christopher Zarba, 47, Hopkinton, Mass., software engineer at Concord Communications
- United Airlines flight 175 BOS-LAX (south tower of World Trade Center): 65 people: 56 passengers (including 5 hijackers), 7 flight attendants, 2 pilots
- Victor J. Saracini[?], 51, Lower Makefield Township, Pa., captain
- Michael R. Horrocks[?], 38, Glen Mills, Pa., first officer
- Robert J. Fangman, 33, Claymont, Del., flight attendant
- Amy N. Jarret[?], 28, North Smithfield, Rhode Island, flight attendant
- Amy R. King[?], 29, Stafford Springs, Conn., flight attendant
- Kathryn LaBorie[?], 42, Boston, Mass., flight attendant
- Alfred G. Marchand, 44, Alamogordo, N.M., flight attendant
- Michael C. Tarrou[?], 38, Stafford Springs, Conn., flight attendant
- Alicia N. Titus[?], 28, San Francisco, flight attendant
- Alona Abraham[?], 30, Ashdot, Israel
- Marwan Al-Shehhi, suspected hijacker
- Fayez Rashid Ahmed Hassan Al Qadi Banihammad, suspected hijacker
- Mohald Alshehri[?], suspected hijacker
- Hamza Alghamdi[?], suspected hijacker
- Ahmed Alghamdi[?], suspected hijacker
- Garnet (Ace) Bailey, 53, Lynnfield, Massachusetts, director of pro scouting, Los Angeles Kings
- Mark Bavis, 31, West Newton, Massachusetts, scout, Los Angeles Kings
- Graham Berkeley, 37, Wellesley, Mass., Xerox Corp.
- Touri Balourchi, 69, Beverly Hills, Calif.
- Klaus Bothe[?], 31, chief of development, BCT Technology AG, Germany
- Daniel Brandhorst, 42, Los Angeles, PriceWaterhouse lawyer
- David Brandhorst, 3, Los Angeles
- John Cahill[?], Wellesley, Massachusetts, senior executive, Xerox
- Christoffer Carstanjen, 33, Turner Falls, Mass., computer research specialist at University of Massachusetts
- John "Jay" Corcoran[?], 44, Norwell, Mass., merchant marine
- Gloria de Barrera[?], 49, El Salvador, exporter
- Dorothy Dearaujo[?], 82, Long Beach, Calif.
- Lisa Frost[?], 22, Rancho Santa Margarita, California, sales and marketing associate
- Ronald Gamboa, 39, Eaglerock, California, Filipino; Gap store manager
- Lynn Goodchild[?], 25, Attleboro, Massachusetts, Putnam Investments
- Francis Grogan[?], 76, Easton, Mass., priest at Holy Cross Church
- Carl Hammond[?], 37, Boston
- Christine Lee Hanson, 3, Groton, Mass.
- Peter Burton Hanson, 32, Groton, Mass., vice president of sales for Time Trade
- Sue Kim Hanson, 35, Groton, Mass., lab technician & student
- Gerald F. Hardacre, 62, Carlsbad, Calif.
- Eric Hartono[?], 20, Boston, Mass., born in Indonesia; survived by his parents, two sisters and two brothers in Indonesia; missed by his "American family" and friends in Portland, Oregon
- James E. Hayden[?], 47, Westford, Massachusetts, CFO of Netegrity, survived by wife and two children
- Robert Jalbert[?], 61, Swampscott, Mass., salesman
- Ralph Kershaw[?], 52, Manchester-by-the-Sea, Mass., marine surveyor
- Heinrich Kimmig[?], 43, chairman of BCT Technology AG, Germany
- Brian Kinney[?], 29, Lowell, Mass., PriceWaterhouse Cooper auditor
- Robert LeBlanc, 70, Lee, N.H., professor emeritus of geography, University of New Hampshire
- Maclovio "Joe" Lopez Jr.[?], 41, Norwalk, Calif.
- Marianne MacFarlane[?], 34, Revere, Mass., customer service representative, United Airlines
- Louis Neil Mariani[?], 59, Derry, N.H.
- Juliana Valentine McCourt[?], 4, New London, Conn.
- Ruth Clifford McCourt, 45, New London, Conn., founder, Clifford Classique - originally from Cork, Ireland. Her brother Ronnie Clifford was working in the WTC but escaped, to find his sister and her four year old daughter had been on the plane. http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/northern_ireland/newsid_1540000/1540529.stm
- Wolfgang Menzel[?], 60, personnel manager, BCT Technology AG, Germany
- Shawn Nassaney[?], 25, Pawtucket, Rhode Island, American Power Conversion
- Marie Pappalardo[?]
- Patrick Quigley[?], 40, Wellesley, Mass., partner at PriceWaterhouse Cooper
- Frederick Rimmele[?], Marblehead, Mass., physician
- James M. Roux[?], 42, Portland, Maine, lawyer
- Jesus Sanchez[?], 45, Hudson, Massachusetts, off-duty flight attendant
- Kathleen Shearer, 60s, Dover, N.H.
- Robert Shearer[?], 60s, Dover, N.H.
- Jane Simpkin[?], 35, Wayland, Mass.
- Brian D. Sweeney[?], 38, Barnstable, Mass., business consultant
- Timothy Ward, 38, San Diego, information technology project manager, Rubio's Restaurants
- William "Bill" Weems[?], Marblehead, Massachusetts, commercial producer
- American Airlines flight 77 IAD-LAX (The Pentagon): 64 people: 58 passengers (including 5 hijackers), 4 flight attendants, 2 pilots
- Charles F. Burlingame III[?], 51, Virginia, Naval Academy graduate - Class of 1971, captain
- David Charlebois, 39, Washington, D.C., first officer
- Michele Heidenberger[?], 57, Chevy Chase, Maryland, flight attendant
- Jennifer Lewis[?], 38, Culpeper, Va., flight attendant
- Kenneth Lewis[?], 49, Culpeper, Va., flight attendant
- Renee May[?], 39, Baltimore, Ma., flight attendant
- Khalid Almihdhar, suspected hijacker
- Nawaf Alhazmi, suspected hijacker
- Salem Alhazmi, suspected hijacker
- Dr. Paul Ambrose[?], 32, physician.
- Yeneneh Betru[?], 35, Burbank, Calif., director of medical affairs, IPC
- MJ Booth[?]
- Bernard Brown[?], 11, student, Leckie Elementary School in Washington (National Geographic Society educational trip)
- Suzanne Calley[?], 42, San Martin, Calif., Cisco Systems Inc.
- William E. Caswell[?], 54, Silver Spring, Md., physicist, U.S. Navy
- Sarah Clark[?], 65, Columbia, Md., sixth-grade teacher, Backus Middle School in Washington (National Geographic Society educational trip)
- Zandra Cooper[?], Annandale, Va.
- Asia Cottom[?], 11, student, Backus Middle School in Washington (National Geographic Society educational trip)
- James Debeuneure[?], 58, Upper Marlboro, Md., fifth-grade teacher, Ketcham Elementary School in Washington (National Geographic Society educational trip)
- Rodney Dickens[?], 11, student, Leckie Elementary School in Washington (National Geographic Society educational trip)
- Eddie Dillard[?]
- Charles Droz[?], 52, Springfield, Va., vice president for software development, EM Solutions Inc.
- Barbara G. Edwards, 58, school teacher at Palo Verde High School in Las Vegas
- Charles S. Falkenberg, 45, University Park, Md., director of research at ECOlogic Corp.
- Zoe Falkenberg, 8, University Park, Md.
- Dana Falkenberg, 3, University Park, Md.
- James Joseph Ferguson, 39, Washington, D.C., educational outreach director, National Geographic Society (National Geographic Society educational trip)
- Darlene "Dee" Flagg, Millwood, Va.
- Wilson "Bud" Flagg, Millwood, Va., retired Navy admiral and pilot for American Airlines
- Richard P. Gabriel Sr.[?], 54, Great Falls, Va., managing partner, Stratin Consulting
- Ian Gray[?], 55, Washington, president of healthcare consulting firm
- Stanley Hall[?], 68, Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif., Raytheon Co.
- Hani Hanjour, suspected hijacker
- Bryan W. Jack[?], 48, Alexandria, Va., senior executive at Defense Department
- Steven D. "Jake" Jacoby, 43, Alexandria, Va., chief operating officer, Metrocall Inc.
- Ann Judge[?], 49, Great Falls, Virginia, National Geographic Society travel office manager (National Geographic Society educational trip)
- Chandler Keller[?], 29, Boeing propulsion engineer in El Segundo, Calif.
- Yvonne Kennedy, 62, retired staff member and volunteer with the Australian Red Cross.
- Norma Khan[?], 45, Reston, Va., nonprofit organization manager
- Karen A. Kincaid, 40, Washington, D.C., lawyer, Wiley Rein & Fielding
- Dong Lee[?], 48, Leesburg, Va., engineer, Boeing Co.
- Dora Menchaca, 45, Santa Monica, Calif., associate director of clinical research, biotech firm Amgen Inc.
- Majed Moqed, suspected hijacker
- Christopher Newton[?], 38, Arlington, Va., executive, Work Life Benefits
- Barbara K. Olson, 45, conservative TV commentator, lawyer and wife of United States Solicitor General Theodore Olson. She had reported the hijacking to him by phone about 20 minutes before the plane hit the pentagon.
- Ruben Ornedo, 39, Los Angeles, Boeing satellite communications engineer
- Robert Penniger, 63, Poway, Calif., electrical engineer with BAe Systems
- Robert R. Ploger III[?], 59, Annandale, Va., software architect, Lockheed Martin Corp.
- Lisa J. Raines[?], 42, senior vice president of biotechnology firm Genzyme Corp.
- Todd Reuben[?], 40, Potomac, Md., tax and business lawyer
- John Sammartino[?], 37, Annandale, Va., technical manager, XonTech Inc.
- Yang Shuyin[?], 61, Beijing, China
- Diane Simmons[?]
- George Simmons[?]
- Mari-Rae Sopper[?], 35, Santa Barbara, Calif., women's gymnastics coach, UC-Santa Barbara
- Robert Speisman, 47, Irvington, N.Y., diamond industry salesman
- Norma Lang Steuerle[?], 54, Alexandria, Va.
- Hilda Taylor[?], sixth grade teacher at Leckie Elementary School in Washington (National Geographic Society educational trip)
- Leonard Taylor, 44, Reston, Va., technical group manager, XonTech Inc.
- Sandra Teague[?], 31, Fairfax, Va., physical therapist, Georgetown University Hospital
- Leslie A. Whittington, 45, University Park, Md., Georgetown University professor
- John Yamnicky[?], 71, Waldorf, Md., Naval Academy graduate - Class of 1952
- Vicki Yancey[?], 44, Springfield, Va., Vredenburg
- Zheng Yuguang [?], 65, Beijing, China
- United Airlines flight 93 EWR-SFO (Pittsburgh): 44 people: 37 passengers (including 4 hijackers), 5 flight attendants, 2 pilots
- Jason M. Dahl, 43, San Jose, captain
- LeRoy Wilton Homer Jr., 36, Marlton, N.J., first officer
- Lorraine G. Bay, 58, East Windsor, N.J., flight attendant
- Sandra W. Bradshaw, 38, Greensboro, N.C., flight attendant
- Wanda A. Green, 49, Linden, N.J., flight attendant
- CeeCee Lyles, 34, Fort Myers, Fla., flight attendant
- Deborah Jacobs Welsh, 49, New York, NY flight attendant
- Christian Adams, 37, Biebelsheim, Germany, foreign sales manager, German Wine Fund
- Ahmad Ibrahim A. Al Haznawi[?], suspected hijacker
- Saeed Alghamdi, suspected hijacker
- Ahmed Alnami, suspected hijacker
- Todd Beamer, 32, Cranbury, N.J., account manager, Oracle Corp.
- Alan Beaven, 48, Oakland, Calif., environmental lawyer
- Mark Bingham, 31, San Francisco, public relations firm owner, former public relations manager for 3Com
- Deora Bodley, 20, Santa Clara, Calif., university student
- Marion Britton, 53, assistant regional director, U.S. Census Bureau
- Thomas E. Burnett Jr., 38, San Ramon, California, senior vice president and chief operating officer, Thoratec Corp.
- William Cashman, 60, New York, N.Y., welder and teacher for Metal Lathers Local 46 of the Ironworkers Union.
- Georgine Rose Corrigan, 56, Hawaii, artist and antiques & collectibles dealer
- Patricia Cushing, 69, Bayonne, NJ, retired from Bell Atlantic
- Joseph DeLuca, 52, Roxbury, N.J., programer, member of Northern New Jersey Region of SCCA
- Patrick Joseph Driscoll, 70, Point Pleasant, N.J., retired engineer
- Edward Porter Felt, 41, Matawan, N.J., software engineer, BEA Systems (co-worker Kenneth W. Basnicki[?] was visiting the WTC and perished)
- Jane C. Folger, 73, Bayonne, NJ, retired
- Colleen L. Fraser, 51, Elizabeth, N.J., rights advocate, New Jersey Developmental Disabilities Council
- Andrew Garcia, 62, Portola Valley, Calif., salesman
- Jeremy Glick, 31, West Milford, N.J. Kept in contact with police via mobile phone during the hijacking.
- Lauren Grandcolas, 38, San Rafael, Calif., sales worker at Good Housekeeping magazine
- Donald Freeman Greene, 52, Greenwich, Conn., pilot and Executive Vice-President of Safe Flight Instrument Corp.
- Linda Gronlund, 46, Warwick, N.Y., environmental compliance, BMW, member of Northern New Jersey Region of SCCA
- Richard J. Guadagno, 38, Eureka, Calif., U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge manager
- Ziad Samir Jarrah, suspected hijacker
- Toshiya Kuge, 20, Tokyo, Japan, student
- Hilda Marcin, 79, Mount Olive, N.J., retired special education aide
- Waleska Martinez, 37, automation specialist, U.S. Census Bureau
- Nicole Miller, 21, San Jose, Calif., student, West Valley College
- Louis J. Nacke, 42, New Hope, Pa., distribution center director, K-B Toys
- Donald A. Peterson, 66, Spring Lake, N.J., retired president, Continental Electric Co.
- Jean Hoadley Peterson, 55, Spring Lake, N.J.
- Mark Rothenberg[?], Scotch Plains, N.J., owner, MDR Global Resources
- Christine Snyder, 32, Kailua, Hawaii, arborist, Outdoor Circle
- John Talignani, 74, Staten Island, N.Y., retired restaurant worker
- Honor Elizabeth Wainio, 27, Watchung, N.J., district manager for Discovery Store
- Kristin Gould White, 65, New York, N.Y., retired journalist
September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attack - Full Timeline
In Memoriam - Casualties - Missing Persons - Survivors - Personal experiences
Donations - Assistance - Closings and Cancellations - Memorials and Services
US Governmental Response - Responsibility - Hijackers - Political effects - Economic effects
See also: "War on Terrorism" -- U.S. invasion of Afghanistan -- 2001 anthrax attack -- World Trade Center -- The Pentagon -- New York City -- Washington, D.C. -- AA Flight 11 -- UA Flight 75 -- AA Flight 77 -- UA Flight 93 -- U.S. Department of Defense -- terrorism -- domestic terrorism -- Osama bin Laden -- Taliban -- Islamism -- Afghanistan -- collective trauma -- September 11
Not fully incorporated
LA Times--Profiles of the Victims (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-091301victims.story) Stories from the Los Angeles area
LA Times--More Southland Plane Victims (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-091401flightstory) More stories from the Los Angeles area
California victims of Tuesday's terrorist attacks (9/13/2001) (http://www0.mercurycenter.com/local/center/lvic0914.htm) Quick listings from California
CNN Showbiz Today--Cultural figures among the victims (http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/showbiz.today/featured.story/0109/12) Need to add Angell and Olson info
Boston Globe--LA-bound 2 plane left trail of grief (http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/255/nation/LA_bound_2_planes_left_trail_of_grief+.shtml)--good information for initial entries on Boston-area passengers
Boston Globe--Grounded flights keeps mourners, loved ones apart (http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/257/nation/Grounded_flights_keeps_mourners_loved_ones_apart+.shtml)
The Star Ledger: Lives Remembered (http://www.nj.com/crisis/lr/)
Association of Flight Attendants: In Memoriam (http://www.afanet.org/memoriam.htm)
List of California-connected victims (http://www.pe.com/localnews/statenews/stories/091301/califvictim)
Last calls (tidbits on Flight 93 victums) (http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:_d4i3gNBokk:www.pioneerplanet.com/terroristattack/docs/149528.htm) Google cache
Our Heroes - Flight 93 Memorial (http://flight93.org/heroes_list)
AP list of victims (http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Attacks-Victims-List)
AP list of planes that crashed (http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Plane-Crash-Box)
Salon--Partial list of attack victims (http://www.salon.com/news/wire/2001/09/11/victim_list/index)
CNN (AP) partial list of those killed (http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/09/12/victims.list.ap/index)
FOXNews partial list of victims (http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,34223,00)
Plane passenger list from boston.com (http://www.boston.com/news/daily/12/victims_list.htm)
MSNBC - Searching and mourning after attacks (http://msnbc.com/news/627578.asp?0cb=-51h22998&cp1=1) - Some numbers of missing
All Wikipedia text
is available under the
terms of the GNU Free Documentation License