facilities include indoor and outdoor private property belonging to a house
, the side of the road
, a parking lot
or car park
, and indoor and outdoor multi-level structures.
The following terms exemplify regional variations in language. All refer to outdoor multi-level parking facilities. Some refer also to indoor or single-level facilities.
- Parking ramp (used in some parts of the upper Midwest, especially Minneapolis, but sometimes seen as far east as Toledo, Ohio)
- Multi-storey car park (England)
- Parkade (British Columbia)
- Parking structure (California)
- Parking garage (Eastern USA, where this term refuses to distinguish between outdoor multi-level parking facilities and indoor parking facilities; to a Minneapolitan this term emphatically says indoor parking facility; to a Bostonian it does not.)
- Parking deck (Sighted in both New Jersey and North Carolina.)
See also Parking meter.
All Wikipedia text
is available under the
terms of the GNU Free Documentation License