North York Moors National Park
is a National Park
in the north of England
. Its size is 554 sq. m. (1,436 sq. km), and it is the largest expanse of heather[?] moorland[?]
in Britain. 83 % of the Park's area is in private ownership.
In the National Park area:
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway
- Cleveland Way[?] National trail (long distance footpath)
- Forge Valley NNR[?] National Nature Reserve
- Farndale LNR[?] Local Nature Reserve[?]
- Yorkshire Wildlife Trust[?] Reserves: Ashberry Pastures, Bridestones, Ellerburn Bank, Fen Bog, Garbutt Wood, Hagg wood Marsh, Hayburn Wyke, Littlebeck.
- River Seven[?], River Dove, River Rye[?], River Seph[?], River Esk[?]
All Wikipedia text
is available under the
terms of the GNU Free Documentation License