Encyclopedia > Lakeville, Maine

  Article Content

Lakeville, Maine

Lakeville is a town located in Penobscot County, Maine. As of the 2000 census, the town had a total population of 63.

Geography According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 169.1 km² (65.3 mi²). 150.4 km² (58.1 mi²) of it is land and 18.7 km² (7.2 mi²) of it is water. The total area is 11.06% water.

Demographics As of the census of 2000, there are 63 people, 33 households, and 16 families residing in the town. The population density is 0.4/km² (1.1/mi²). There are 361 housing units at an average density of 2.4/km² (6.2/mi²). The racial makeup of the town is 93.65% White, 0.00% African American, 3.17% Native American, 0.00% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 0.00% from other races, and 3.17% from two or more races. 1.59% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.

There are 33 households out of which 9.1% have children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.5% are married couples living together, 3.0% have a female householder with no husband present, and 48.5% are non-families. 27.3% of all households are made up of individuals and 15.2% have someone living alone who is 65 years of age or older. The average household size is 1.91 and the average family size is 2.24.

In the town the population is spread out with 7.9% under the age of 18, 4.8% from 18 to 24, 15.9% from 25 to 44, 52.4% from 45 to 64, and 19.0% who are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 51 years. For every 100 females there are 110.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 114.8 males.

The median income for a household in the town is $15,625, and the median income for a family is $16,250. Males have a median income of $23,750 versus $26,250 for females. The per capita income for the town is $14,723. 40.4% of the population and 28.6% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 100.0% are under the age of 18 and 46.7% are 65 or older.

All Wikipedia text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License

  Search Encyclopedia

Search over one million articles, find something about almost anything!
  Featured Article
List of rare diseases starting with A

... callosum cataract immunodeficiency[?] Absent T lymphocytes[?] Acalvaria[?] Acanthocheilonemiasis[?] Acanthocytosis chorea[?] Acanthocytosis[?] Acanthosis ...

This page was created in 33.7 ms