is the national anthem
. It was written by Dun Karm Psaila[?]
, the Maltese national poet. It was first played on February 3
, and was declared to be the official Anthem of Malta in 1945
- Lil din l-art ħelwa, l-Omm li tatna isimha,
- Ħares, Mulej, kif dejjem Int ħarist:
- Ftakar li lilha bl-oħla dawl libbist.
- Agħti, kbir Alla, id-dehen lil min jaħkimha,
- Rodd il-ħniena lis-sid, saħħa 'l-ħaddiem:
- Seddaq il-għaqda fil-Maltin u s-sliem.
Lyrics of L-Innu Malti, translated to English:
- This Motherland so dear whose name we bear!
- Guard her, O Lord, as ever Thou hast guarded!
- Keep her in mind, whom Thou hast made so fair!
- May he who rules, for wisdom be regarded!
- In master mercy, strength in man increase!
- Confirm us all, in unity and peace!
All Wikipedia text
is available under the
terms of the GNU Free Documentation License