Encyclopedia > Gustav Line

  Article Content

Gustav Line

The Gustav Line, during World War II, was a series of German military fortifications, constructed by Organisation Todt, which ran from just north of where the Garigliano flows into the Tyrrhenian, to the mouth of the Sangro on the Adriatic. Following the crossing of the Garigliano, on January 17, 1944, by the British X Corps[?], Generalfeldmarschall Kesselring[?] reinforced the Gustav Line with the 29th[?] and 90th Panzergrenadier divisions[?] (which had been in Rome). At the time of Operation Shingle (1944), the Gustav Line was commanded by General Heinrich von Vietinghoff of the 10th Armee[?].

See also:



All Wikipedia text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License

 
  Search Encyclopedia

Search over one million articles, find something about almost anything!
 
 
  
  Featured Article
Plastic

... with the quaint name of the "Calico Printer's Association" in Manchester, developed "polyethylene terephthalate[?]" (PET or PETE) in 1941, and it would be used for ...