Five Easy Pieces
is a 1970 film
which tells the story of a concert pianist, estranged from his family, who has become an oil rigger. When his father becomes ill, he goes to confront the family, taking his diner waitress girlfriend with him. It stars Jack Nicholson
, Karen Black
, Billy Green Bush[?]
, Fannie Flagg[?]
and Sally Struthers[?]
The movie was written by Carole Eastman[?] (as Adrien Joyce) and Bob Rafelson[?], and was directed by Rafelson.
It was nominated by Academy Awards for Best Actor in a Leading Role (Jack Nicholson), Best Actress in a Supporting Role (Karen Black), Best Picture and Best Writing, Story and Screenplay Based on Factual Material or Material Not Previously Published or Produced.
In 2000 the United States Library of Congress deemed the film "culturally significant" and selected it for preservation in the National Film Registry.
- I'd like an omelet, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.
- A #2, chicken salad sand. Hold the butter, the lettuce, the mayonnaise, and a cup of coffee. Anything else?
- Yeah, now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules.
- You want me to hold the chicken, huh?
- I want you to hold it between your knees.
The Internet Movie Database
entry for Five Easy Pieces
All Wikipedia text
is available under the
terms of the GNU Free Documentation License