ECS introduced the DeskNote PC to the computer world at the end of 2001.
A Desknote is a cross between a Desktop computer and Notebook. It is a full-feature portable computer, which brings the latest desktop computing power and upbeat technology at the same launching speed of an equivalent desktop computer. A DeskNote carries a pricing tag similar to the sum of a desktop computer and an LCD monitor.
A desknote has the same specification of a Desktop. Nowadays, Desktop is able to support any kind of CPU, Memory, Graphics and etc. Therefore, a DeskNote should also provide the same type of support, specially the specification of the CPU and Memory. Some desktop advantages :
- Traditionally, a laptop user had to wait for a similar specification notebook 9 to 12 months behind when a similar specification desktop product was launched. With DeskNote, this product launching latency is over. You can enjoy the same technology, without launching latency,and maintain usual portability by using a DeskNote product.
- It has the same or larger range of available ports than a desktop. The DeskNote also does away with the PCMCIA slot, as most notebook users utilize the PCMCIA slot to modem, LAN and TV-out functions, yet DeskNote already has modem, LAN and TV-out functions built-in. DeskNote also has USB, WiFi and bluetooth ports for expansion and connections like to CD-ROM, DVD, printer, mobile phones and to other mobile devices.
- Upgradeablity and replacement of parts is easier than a desktop with regards to: CPU, RAM, hard drives, motherboards, LCD monitors and chassis. All them are user serviciable and replacable.
- It can include a "battery outside" (and an empty bay for future internal battery) to operate exactly like a traditional Desktop computer.
And has the same convenience of a Notebook: desknote must have the convenience and mobility of a notebook, it has to be portable and much lighter and smaller ( deskNotes are ideal for anyone seeking a high-powered portable PC for use in places where space is at a minimum ) than a Desktop :
- Large, clear, flat panel display - (display takes up less space and no sacrifice with viewing area)
- Removable modular bays (not in a desktop)
- Lower power consumption and portable
- Small footprint (more desk space)
- Light weight and only 1 piece for moving computer
- Less cables and clutter than a desktop.
All Wikipedia text
is available under the
terms of the GNU Free Documentation License