Encyclopedia > Braintree, Massachusetts

  Article Content

Braintree, Massachusetts

Braintree, Massachusetts is founded on land first colonized in 1625 by Captain Wollaston, and initially named Mount Wollaston. Under the rule of Thomas Morton it was renamed Merry Mount. The area was resettled and incorporated as a town in 1640, on land which is now part of the current Braintree, from which Randolph[?], Holbrook[?], the City of Quincy, and part of Milton[?] were split off.

All Wikipedia text is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License

  Search Encyclopedia

Search over one million articles, find something about almost anything!
  Featured Article

... and Brighton. It is North of Hayling Island. The A27 road runs past its Southern side, and to the north lies Leigh Park, a large council estate. To the east is Emsworth, ...