The term bow
has multiple meanings, and two different pronunciations, depending on context:
- A bow (rhymes with "low") is a kind of weapon; see bow (weapon)
- A bow (rhymes with "low") is a device used to play a strung musical instrument; see bow (music)
- A musical bow is a kind of simple strung musical instrument, usually plucked
- Bow is an area of London; see Bow, London, England[?]
- A bow (rhymes with "now") is a lowering of the upper body whilst holding the lower body in its original position. In most cultures, a bow is a sign of respect given by the person bowing to the person bowed before. In some cultures, a whole body language[?] involving bows as an important component has been developed.
- The term bow (rhymes with "now") is used by sailors to refer to the front end of a ship.
This is a disambiguation page; that is, one that just points to other pages that might otherwise have the same name. If you followed a link here, you might want to go back and fix the link, so that it points to the appropriate page.
All Wikipedia text
is available under the
terms of the GNU Free Documentation License